Friday 3 October 2014

LL& P colour card

From January to March 2014 I took regular walks around Llandysul and Pontweli cataloguing colours and textures to correspond to the well known and beautifully branded paint charts of Farrow & Ball. The  idea came about when as I pored over colour charts (of various makes) whilst redecorating, and then took walks to try and stimulate my creativity. The paint charts got stuck in my mind and my eyes seemed sensitised to the range and subtlety of colours all around me. Paint names are already widely known to be amusing, hyperbolic; Steel Symphony, Overtly Olive. I began to play on this, giving  my new colours their own names relating to their location, subject or my personal response to them. The chart and a map of my walks are made into a limited edition colour card and a series of large scale prints. Exhibited at Colony 2014 ,Cardigan and The Garden 2014, Nevern. 




No comments:

Post a Comment